What you can communicate to your Cosmetic Dentist to help create your dream smile!
Creating your optimal smile involves more than simply a few appointments and new restorations. As specialists in cosmetic dentistry with over 30 years of experience, Father and Daughter team Dr. Parviz Edalat and Dr. Maryam Edalat at Cosmetic Dental Specialists, have a few pointers to share that can optimize your experience of cosmetic dentistry.
1. Know what you don’t like about your smile. The more specific you are the easier it is for us to create your best smile. Do you have a gap you have always wanted to correct? Are you teeth discolored? Do your teeth look crooked when you speak or smile?
2. Choose a cosmetic dentist with advanced education in the field and experience in smile makeovers. For example, a specialization in Prosthodontics and Implantology.
3. Know that transforming your smile is a team effort that includes both your doctor and a master ceramist that actually fabricates the crowns or porcelain laminates. Ask to see if there are pictures of their work available to view. Cosmetic Dental Specialists practice has a long relationship with renowned master ceramist Jason J. Kim and together we have transformed several smiles. Here is an example of porcelain laminate veneers produced by Jason J. Kim:
4. Go for what you’ve always wanted to correct. People most often notice imperfections when they see photographs of themselves. Bring in pictures of yourself when you had the smile you wish to recreate or photos of smiles you aspire to!
5. Ask about the shade of “white” that is right for your skin tone not just what you may see in a picture. It’s important that different colors and hues look different in varied lights. An experienced cosmetic dentist takes the whole person into account when choosing the best shade for their new smile.
6. Be realistic in your expectations. It’s OK to want to look like the best version of yourself, rather than try to morph into an entirely different person!
7. Get to know the team you will be working with and only sign up for treatment when and where you feel most comfortable.
To learn more about Cosmetic Dental Specialists and their services, visit:
Dr. Parviz Edalat, Periodontist & Prosthodontist
Dr. Maryam Edalat Periodontist & Implantologist
Dr. Arya Edalat General Dentist, Implant & Cosmetic Specialist